I arrived at Aston yesterday, with, for the first time in my life, comparatively little stuff. It all fitted in the car nicely, and my mum and I had a nice trip up there. We got there, got my keys from the stafford TV lounge (where I am now as I don't have internet at Aston) and then went and visited my room. I was all ready for it to be a awful, but really it wasn't that bad. I went and took all my stuff up (with the aunties help!) whilst my mum sorted my room, which was a massive help as it meant that I didnt have loads to unpack this morning when I wanted to be out meeting new people.
I went and did my last shop with my mum, and then thankfully Lidge (one of my friends at Aston who went to my old school) called me to tell me to get my fresher wristband ASAP, thank goodness I did as the queue outside the Guild was HUGE! Unfortunately this meant a bit of a rushed goodbye with my mum, but I spose there wasn't a lot to do except for hug each other (and cry!)
When i got back from getting my wristbands, some of my flatemates were in the kitchen, so I went in there and we had a good chat, two of them don't live in Stafford though. We all went over to this girl's flat (Emily) for dinner, her mum had made her a HUGE lasagne so we all had giant homemade lasagne and everyone felt like it was going to be alright.
Later we went to the guild for the first event of the week, but I didn't stay too long as I was so so so tired and it wasn't all my scene. But today I got my tickets to go to cadbury world and to go bowling, which should be fun, as well as a great opportunity to meet new people
So yes, I'm having fun. I feel like I've met some cool people already, and although everything takes a while to get used to, everyone is friendly and I know that I will get used to it.
I'll post some pics of my room etc later, my flat wants to make dinner :)
Hi, I'm Nikki.
I'm about to go into my first year at Aston Uni,to study Business and Management.
I'm easy-going and energetic, I'll try anything once. Anything you want to know, just ask.