So.. I've been at Aston for 6 weeks. I have not been home yet, although I am looking forward to having a weekend at home in 2 weeks. I have had 2 accounting exams/tests which count towards my first year grade, a marketing mock, and on friday I have a maths test which also goes towards my first year grade. I also need to write 3 pieces of coursework. All in all I'm a very busy lady! I have also been selected to become a 'student ambassador', doing work to convince other people that Aston is a cool place to live and study! SO if you are coming to an open day, you may just see me!!
People around this time want to know what the positives and negatives of going to certain universities are. I thought I would write my positives and negatives of my life at Aston. Note that these are all my own experiences, and someone else may have completely different opinions.
Positives>
Only having one 9am start
Drama soc. starting the year I joined
Ozren Despic
Organisational Behaviour lectures
Getting on with 2/3s of my flatmates
Being student ambassador
Accounting being the same as AS Accounting
The Heating in Stafford
Power showers
Family I hardly ever see living really close by
Roast dinners meaning more than they ever did at home
Tuesday's off
Discovering dryers which actually dry my clothes
Living a max. 10mins away from your lectures
Main building open 24/7
Aston E-Library
DJ Patrick Tissington
Watching the helicopter land outside your window!
Getting hundreds of emails a day, even if they are largely irrelevent
Changing your facebook status hundreds of times a day
Negatives
Economics, and the fact I have to do another economics module in the 2nd term
Tutorials- complete waste of time
Keysurf internet
Cooking for yourself gets so boring
Running out of milk
Quantitative techniques - I nobly gave away all my GCSE maths books to a charity shop, thinking I would never do maths again. Oh how wrong I was. :(
The bitter cold of Birmingham
Indoor TV aerials
When its too late to call your parents, but you really want to
Thursdays every other week
Rasheeda
The other 1/3 of my flatmates. VILE.
The showers. See above.
Not drinking
Steamy windows
Hi, I'm Nikki.
I'm about to go into my first year at Aston Uni,to study Business and Management.
I'm easy-going and energetic, I'll try anything once. Anything you want to know, just ask.